With an audience of over 2.6 billion monthly active users, Facebook has a diverse audience. You’ll find many kinds of people here. Some you’ll become friends with while others you’ll have to block.
You can block on Facebook easily. If you block a person on Facebook, they will not be able to see your profile, your content, or message you. It’s the best way to get rid of annoying people on Facebook. So let’s get started.
Block on Facebook On Desktop
Here is how you can block on Facebook through the desktop. The process is the same for Windows and MAC as it involves a browser. Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to facebook.com and login to your account.
- Navigate to the profile of the person you want to block.
- On the profile, click on the three dots next to the message button.
- Press “Block” from the drop-down menu of options.
- Click “Confirm” to block the person.
There you have it. The person won’t be able to see your profile, content, or message you until you unblock them.
Read Also: How to Deactivate your Facebook Account
Block on Facebook On Mobile
It’s easy to block on Facebook through your mobile. The process is the same for Android and iPhone. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Facebook app on your Android or iPhone and log in to your account.
- Find the person you want to block either by searching or from your friend’s list.
- On the person’s profile, click the three dots right next to the message button.
- Click on “Block” from the menu.
- Click on “Block” again to confirm.
Voila, now the person is blocked and will not be able to interact with you until you unblock him.
Unblock on Facebook
If you want to unblock the person you blocked, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Go to Facebook.com and sign-in to your account.
- Press the down arrow in the right corner of the blue bar.
- Click on Settings from the list of options.
- Click on the Blocking tab in the left column.
- All the blocked user’s list will appear.
- Click on the unblock button opposite to the user’s name you want to unblock.
- A dialogue box will appear. Click confirm to unblock them.
Now the person is unblocked and will be able to see your profile, content, and message you.
Read Also: How to Unfriend Someone on Facebook
If a Facebook user is being annoying or invading your privacy, you can block them and get rid of them. This guide will take you through the whole process of blocking on different devices.