Whether you chose a silly nickname while registering on Facebook, or it doesn’t make sense now, you can get rid of it and get a new one.
You can change Facebook name and select a new name of your choice. Although the social media platform is not strict about it, there are still some guidelines regarding this process. Let’s dive into the process.
Change Facebook Name on Desktop
You can change Facebook name through your desktop. The process is the same for Windows and MAC as it involves a browser. Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to Facebook.com and login to your account.
- Click on the downward triangle in the top right corner of the website.
- Click “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- On the “General Account Settings Page,” click “Edit” in front of your name.
- Now, type in the new name you want.
- Press “Review Change.”
- A pop-up will appear. Enter your password and click “Save Changes.”
There you have it. Your name is changed everywhere on Facebook.
Read Also: How to Delete a Facebook Page
Change Facebook Name on Mobile Phone
You can change the Facebook name through your mobile phone. The process is the same for both Android and iPhone. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open Facebook and login to your account.
- Click the three lines in the bottom-right side on iPhone and in the top-right side on Android.
- Scroll down to “Settings,” and click on it.
- In the “Account Settings” section, click “Personal Information.”
- Click “Edit” on the next page and type in the new name.
- Enter your password and click “Save Changes.”
Voila, you have changed your Facebook name through your mobile device. You’ll start seeing your name new now instead of the old one.
Facebook Policy regarding names
Facebook make sure that the platform remains safe and secure for its users. That’s why it has some policy regarding changing your name. Here are some of them.
- You cannot use symbols, numbers, certain characters, punctuation marks, inappropriate words, phrases and titles of any kind in your name.
- You should use your real name as Facebook doesn’t allow pseudonym names.
- You can only change your name once in 60 days.
- If you change your name often, then this period becomes 120 days for you.
Follow these guidelines while changing your name on Facebook, and you’ll be good to go.
Read Also: How to Make a Facebook Post Shareable
Although Facebook is a bit strict about changing your ID name, the process is easy. You change Facebook name through desktop and mobile phone. This article will guide you through the whole process of changing Facebook ID name and Facebook guidelines about it.