What makes a human a supreme being is its curiosity. Out of curiosity, humans search a lot of things on the internet.
But what if someone sees your search history?
That would be embarrassing. Right?
Nothing to worry about because in this article you are going to learn how to delete Instagram search history and bury your secrets with you.
- What is Instagram Search History
- Why delete Instagram Search History
- How to Delete Instagram Search History on computer
- How to Delete Instagram Search History on Mobile
Read Also: Delete Instagram post
What is Instagram Search History
There is a record for everything you had searched on the Instagram account right from the time when you created it.
Whenever you search something, Instagram saves those queries in the app or browser just so if you need them any other time.
Why Delete Instagram Search History
Needless to say, privacy plays an essential role in our lives, and we don’t want anyone interfering in it.
Somebody can see your Instagram search history and judge you regardless of knowing how you end up searching that.
Or your account can get hacked, and hackers can sell your data on the dark web.
To be on the safe side, remove your Instagram search history once in a while.
How to Delete Instagram Search History on Computer
Here’s a step-by-step method to delete Instagram search history.
- Enter the instagram.com website and Sign-in to your account.
- Click on your profile icon in the top right corner.
- On the next page, click on the gear icon right next to the edit profile option.
- You’ll see a list of options. Click on “Privacy and Security”
- Scroll down on next page and press “View Account Data.”
- Under “Account Activities” click on View Search History.
- Press “Clear Search History“. A pop-up will appear on the screen.
- Click “Yes, I am sure” to confirm.
Your Instagram Search History is deleted Successfully.
How to Delete Instagram Search History on Mobile
Here is a quick and easy way to Delete Search History on mobile.
- Open your Instagram app.
- Go to your profile page.
- Press on “Setting Icon”
- Then select “Privacy and Security.”
- Scroll and find the option delete search history.
- After finding the opting delete your history.
Congratulations! Your history is successfully deleted.
Read Also: Delete or deactivate Instagram account
How to clear suggested searches on Instagram
Whenever you search something on Instagram, it shows you the suggestion based on the searches you’ve made.
Here’s how you can clear suggested searches on Instagram step by step.
- Go to the Instagram app and open the search bar.
- You’ll see the suggested searches in it.
- Tap the ‘X‘ right next to the suggested search.
- The suggested search will be cleared.
It is always good to control your presence on social media and to keep a record of the things you do there. People judge you in real life by what goes in on your social life. Once in awhile delete your search history, so you do not get into any kind of danger.