Twitch is, no doubt a great platform to showcase your talent and skills to the whole world. You can use it to gain a vast audience and become famous.
But it isn’t limited to that. You can also earn money from Twitch. Yes, you can set up donations on Twitch and receive money from your viewers as a token of appreciation and love.
There are different methods and ways to set up donations on Twitch. Go through the whole guide and choose the one which fulfils your needs.
When viewers give you bits, they get rewards like special badges that are displayed alongside their names in the chat. When someone donates you bits, exclusive audio and visual alert onscreen is triggered on your screen following the name of the person who gave.
Here’s how you can enable this option on your channel.
- Go to your channel then your dashboard.
- Click on “Partner Settings” then “Bits and Cheering.”
- Now viewers will be able to donate you bits.
Your viewers can donate you bits just by typing “Cheer” followed by the number of bits they want to send, e.g. cheer5.
Though it’s a quick way to receive money, some streamers avoid it. It’s because Twitch deduct their cut too and there is a threshold of 100$ before you can withdraw your payment.
Don’t worry; there are other methods discussed below. You can opt for the one which is the most suitable for you.
How to set up donation panel
You can set up a donation panel in your Twitch channel containing a payment link where viewers can send you donations for your hard work. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to twitch.tv and login to your account.
- Go to your channel and click the “Edit Panel” switch.
- Click on the + symbol and add Panel Title and Description.
- Add the link on which you want to receive donations.
- Confirm the link and save the settings.
You have successfully added a donation panel on your Twitch channel. You can either add your PayPal.me link here or your crypto address. The choice is yours, as both methods are described below.
Read Also: How to Make Twitch Emotes
Set up Donations on Twitch with PayPal
You can use PayPal to receive donations from your Twitch channel. You’ll have to create a PayPal.me link and paste it on your channel. Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to PayPal.me and login to your account.
- Click “Send and Request” at the top of the page.
- On the next page, click the “Request” tab.
- Click “Share your PayPal.Me” on the right side of the screen.
- A window will open with your PayPal.me link.
- Copy it and save it for later uses.
There you have it. You can use this link to receive donations from your friends, family, and followers on Twitch. Just put this link in your chat box and the donation panel of your account, and you’ll be good to go.
You can also use chatbots to give your viewers a remainder of donating you for your hard work. Don’t do it too often as it would make you appear as a stream desperate for money.
Set up Donation on Twitch using Cryptocurrencies
You can use cryptocurrencies to get donations on Twitch. Some even prefer them over other methods as cryptocurrency is quick, secure, and require lower transaction fees. Here’s how you can integrate it.
- Open the cryptocurrency wallet’s app of your choice.
- Click on the “Receive” button. It’s the same for all cryptocurrency apps.
- You’ll see a line containing random numbers and letters.
- Copy it by tapping on it and save it for later use.
Put this line in your chatbox or the donation panel of your channel. Now your viewers can donate you cryptocurrency on the address you provide. You can also ask your viewers verbally during the stream to give you through this address.
Set up Donations on Twitch through Third-party apps
There are third-party apps like Gaming For Good, Muxy, Stream Elements, and StreamLabs, which allow you to receive money from Twitch.
We are focusing on StreamLabs for now as it’s the most popular and preferred one currently. Here’s how you can integrate it.
- Open StreamLab and go to “Donation Settings” through the dashboard.
- You can choose the payment gateway like PayPal, Unitpay, Skrill, and credit cards, to name a few.
- Now on “Settings,” select the currency and minimum/maximum donation limits.
- Click “Save Settings to confirm the changes.
- You’ll now see an address like https://streamlabs.com/username.
Now you can use this address to receive donations on Twitch. Just add this link in your donation panel or the chatbox of your stream, and you are all set.
Read Also: How to Cancel Twitch Prime
Twitch is not only a platform to spread your voice worldwide but also a place where you can earn a good amount of money. You can set up donations on Twitch and start making money from it.
This guide will take you through different methods to integrate payment gateways on your Twitch account. Choose the one which suits you best and get started right away.